Bulletin 210701 — Updates on 2021–22 Ontario Hospital Interprovincial Billing
Updates from the Ministry of Health on the new interprovincial billing rates for the 2021-22 fiscal year.
To: Chief Executive Officers; Chief Financial Officers; Hospitals
Category: Interprovincial Health Care
Written by: Hospitals Branch, Hospitals and Capital Division
Dates Issued: June 10, 2021
The new interprovincial billing rates for the 2021-22 fiscal year for outpatient and inpatient services, well newborns, high cost transplants, and special implants and devices are effective as of April 1, 2021. These new rates are outlined in further detail in the attachments. The national Assistant Deputy Ministers Policy Advisory Committee has approved the interprovincial billing rates for these services.
Please note that outpatient services for Québec patients should be billed using the relevant billing rate sheet which includes physician compensation for non-invasive and diagnostic procedures for services delivered on or after April 1st, 2021.
Please forward this bulletin and its attachments to your hospital’s out-of-province billing department to ensure efficient processing of your hospital's reciprocal billing claims.
Should you have any further inquiries, need clarification regarding any of the information presented here, or be interested in obtaining a copy of the Ontario Hospital Reciprocal Billing Manual, please contact the ministry via e-mail.
Attachments: Interprovincial Hospital Billing Rates for 2021-22 Fiscal Year
- 2021-22 Interprovincial Billing Rates for Outpatient Services. Effective for visits on or after April 1, 2021
- 2021-22 Outpatients Services, Billing Rate Sheet that Includes Physician Compensation (For Quebec Claims Only).
- 2021-22 Ontario Hospital Interprovincial Per Diem Rates for Inpatient Services, effective April 1, 2021
- Services Excluded Under the Canadian Interprovincial Agreements for Reciprocal Processing of Out-of-Province Hospital Claims
- 2021-22 Rates for Services for Well Newborns provided on or after April 1, 2021
- 2021-22 Rates for High Cost Transplants. Effective for discharges on or after April 1, 2021
- 2021-22 Rates for Special Implants and Device. Effective for interventions on or after April 1, 2021
- FAQs regarding the 2021-22 Ontario Hospital Interprovincial Billing Rates