Guideline No. 34: Location requirements
On this page Skip this page navigation
- Adequate flush or chemical toilets with hand-washing facilities should be made available for the use of employees (crew/cast and extras) within easy access of their place of work. This is especially necessary for lunchroom set-ups or where food is served. Requirements for washrooms on construction projects are found insections 29 and 30 of O. Reg. 213/91 and when Industrial Regulations apply in section 120 of Reg. 851.
- An adequate supply of safe drinking water shall be kept readily accessible for cast and crew. Drinking water requirements are found in section 28 of O. Reg. 213/91 and in section 132 of Reg. 851.
- Holding areas (where extras wait for their set call) should be properly heated and ventilated with suitable emergency escapes and seating capacity.
- Cast and crew exposed to long hours in adverse exterior conditions (heat or cold stress) should be provided with appropriate items to combat such adverse conditions (i.e. , temporary shelter, heated washroom facilities, temporary heating devices, hot shots, hot drinks, blankets, adequate fluids, etc.) See Appendix C.
- The 1st Assistant Director should communicate the safety/emergency plan by either tailgate discussion or by call sheet, or both (see Safety Responsibilities and Duties, 1st Assistant Director).