Guideline No. 36: Mutliple dressing rooms
- The Driver/Operator play an important role in maintaining a high degree of safety while these units are in use, and are expected to meet high standards of competency. A qualified person should be present while such units are in operation. Prior to operation, all drivers should perform a circle check of the vehicle and address any concerns immediately
- Generator exhausts should be elevated a minimum of one (1) metre (three feet) above the floor level and vented to the outside at all times.
- Skirts or other downward projections encircling the unit should not be closer than one foot from the ground.
- All portable electric heaters should be equipped with safety tip-over switches. Such heaters should be installed only on a temporary basis during extremely cold weather, or if the permanently installed heater malfunctions.
- A single handrail or grab bar should be installed where the floor is over one (1) metre (three feet) high.
- A vehicle or a generator shall be shut down before fuelling (as per section 61(b) of Reg. 851). Particular caution should be exercised when priming a carburetor. Fuelling shall be done in a safe manner outdoors as required by section 61(a) of Reg. 851.
- No anti-freeze shall be added to the potable water tanks.
- All steps should be stable, slip proof and constructed securely. All steps must be cleared of ice, snow and refuse as required by section 11 of Reg. 851. Substitutes (i.e. , concrete blocks, boxes, dairy or vegetable crates, etc. ) should not be used as steps.